THE 2020 APPLICATION PROCESS IS NOW CLOSED.
Scholar Award Details
The Texas Business Hall of Fame presents scholar awards annually to students from participating Texas universities.
The Foundation’s mission is to sow seeds of our future by acknowledging and helping underwrite the promise that is being demonstrated by Texas business students. We accomplish this by assisting future business leaders pursuing their degrees in Texas schools by funding a scholar award program.
Please note that the TBHF Office will be in contact with you and with your Dean’s office regarding notification and the award process. A few things to note include:
- Award notifications will be sent at the end of May
- If selected, you will be required to attend the Scholar Award Luncheon and Annual Induction Dinner to be held on the same day (see Induction Dinner page for dates and details)
- If traveling from out of the city where the Luncheon and Dinner will be held, a portion of your travel expenses will be reimbursed, and a hotel room may be provided for you on the night of the Dinner
- The award funds are payable to the student, not the university
- The award is considered unrestricted, meaning recipients may use the funds for things other than tuition and supplies
- The payment will be awarded at the Scholar Award Luncheon in the fall; travel reimbursement will also be provided then
- Once you receive your award, all scholar award recipients are eligible to become members of the TBHF Scholar Alumni Association (SAA)
Connect with us to receive announcements and updates
Want your school to join?
Texas Universities interested in becoming involved or for any additional questions, please contact the TBHF Office.
Scholar Award Application & Process
- The Application Process opens.
- Please see the list of participating schools.
- Interested students should contact the Dean’s Office of their program.
- Dean’s Office will provide interested students the TBHF Award application form for completion and submission back to the Dean within the Dean’s specified timeline.
- Dean’s Office will submit 3 eligible students’ applications to email@example.com.
Deadline for applications to be submitted to TBHF.
Interviews with eligible students and TBHF Directors in Austin, Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio.
- By the end of May, selected award recipients receive notification from TBHF.
- Award recipients are required to attend the Annual Scholar Award Luncheon in the fall where Scholar Awards are presented.
- Award recipients are required to attend the Annual Induction Dinner in the fall where TBHF inducts selected Texas businessmen/women into the Hall of Fame. Scholar Award recipients are recognized at this dinner.
Thank you to all of our directors who are participating in the 2020 Scholar Award interviews.
- Latisha Andrews
- Todd F. Barth
- Reba Cardenas McNair
- Jim W. Collins
- Will Collins
- Pat Frost
- Brian W. Garrison
- W. Carl Glaw, Jr.
- Vicky Gunning
- Kerry Hall
- Larry Hanrahan, MD, MBA
- Christine Hollinden
- Clay D. Jett
- Jon P. Karp
- John G. Keeton
- Shaun Kennedy
- Walter Kinzie
- Leigh Martin
- Shannon McClendon
- Diane S. McNulty, PhD
- LaRhesa Moon
- Norman Paul
- Brad Rejebian
- Caswell O. Robinson, Jr.
- David Rodriguez
- Jason Signor
- Jessica Thorne
- Peggy Walker
- Jim Young