TBHF Quarterly Newsletter
Executive Director End-of-Year Report – 2020
TBHF Alumni Association End-of-Year Report – 2020
News about TBHF Legends, Directors, Alumni, and Award Recipients.
- Southwest CEO on inclusivity: as times change we need to make sure that we change along with iton October 26, 2021 at 3:50 pm
In a new interview with Yahoo Finance’s Adam Shapiro, Southwest Airlines CEO Gary Kelly discusses how the airline has changed since the times when …
- Carlos Alvarez shares story of how he came to own Texas’s largest craft brewery | Hispanic Heritage Monthon October 20, 2021 at 2:14 pm
An immigrant from Acapulco, Mexico, Alvarez came to the U.S. and turned a family interest into a Texas enterprise.
- $5 million donation will boost surgery access for San Antonio area childrenon October 20, 2021 at 2:07 pm
The gift will allow The Children’s Hospital to upgrade technology and hire staff so more children can get the care they need in San Antonio.
- Leaders of San Antonio’s biggest employers take aim at racial inequality with new initiativeon October 5, 2021 at 2:28 pm
The leaders of a dozen of San Antonio’s biggest employers are forming an initiative aimed at combating endemic racial inequities in one of the nation’s most economically-segregated cities. It will …
- Carlos Alvarez honors Tom C. Frost with creation of $2 million chair to support UTSA …on September 9, 2021 at 2:25 pm
SEPTEMBER 2, 2021 — Memorializing a longstanding friend and mentor, Carlos Alvarez and his wife, Malú, have given The University of Texas at San Antonio $2 …
- Startup CEO to Accredited Angel Investor, Story of Michael Kmetz – Disrupt Magazineon August 31, 2021 at 3:09 pm
As a senior at Texas Tech University, the Texas Business Hall of Fame Foundation honored him with the prestigious Future Texas Business Legend Award for …
- re:3D Supplies Parts for Testing America Makes AMCPR Exchangeon August 11, 2021 at 2:02 pm
re:3D had the honor of helping to stress test AMCPR, America Makes’ new exchange for enabling rapid additive manufacturing production responses …
- “The entire team here in Shiner salutes the critical mission of the Boot Campaign and looks forward to our ongoing partnership f…by Shiner Beer on August 4, 2021 at 9:06 pm
“The entire team here in Shiner salutes the critical mission of the Boot Campaign and looks forward to our ongoing partnership for years to come!” Read more about our decade long partnership with @BootCampaign and its impact on the veterans here: https://bootcampaign.org/toast-our-troops-anniversary/
- Deal Of The Century: How Michael Dell Turned His Declining PC Business Into A $40 Billion Windfallon August 4, 2021 at 8:25 pm
Dell Founder and CEO Michael Dell poses at the Austin, Texas headquarters of the Michael & Susan Dell Foundation in July 2021. PHOTOGRAPHY BY …
- Leadership With LUV: Lessons From Southwest Airlines’ CEOon August 4, 2021 at 3:21 pm
Love is essential to Southwest Airlines’ historic success. For CEO Gary Kelly, it’s the grander purpose that drives great leadership.
- Vari® Partners With Boys & Girls Clubs Of The Valley To Create The Classroom Of The Futureon July 28, 2021 at 6:07 pm
Boys & Girls Clubs of the Valley students at the Mesa Arts Academy will start the 2021-2022 school year in style with new standing school …
- Geekdom Fund raises nearly $1 million for two startupson July 28, 2021 at 6:07 pm
San Antonio-based venture capital company Geekdom Fund LP raised $965,000 in equity funding for two startups — Austin-based Kronologic and …
- Exclusive: Frost Bank beefs up statewide expansion plans; looking at sites in SAon July 22, 2021 at 7:12 pm
Frost has added more branch locations to its planned expansions in the Dallas and Houston areas, and is eying sites for more in San Antonio.
- Austin entrepreneur donates millions to help homelesson July 21, 2021 at 2:19 pm
As Austin starts to clean up homeless camps and move people into temporary housing, one big-name entrepreneur is lending a hand – and for him it’s personal.
- Donation from local philanthropist to support foster childrenon July 21, 2021 at 1:58 pm
The nonprofit raised $1.5 million to build the new educational center from Najim, the Valero Foundation, the Greehey Family Foundation, M.S. Doss …