TBHF BOARD OF DIRECTORS
CO-CHAIR FINANCE, BANKING & REAL ESTATE
MANAGING PARTNER-DALLAS OFFICE
Vicky Gunning, Co-Chair of Locke Lord’s Finance, Banking and Real Estate Department, is a commercial real estate and debt finance lawyer. She is a catalyst for her clients in negotiating complex asset based and real estate secured loans, syndicated credits, and debt restructurings. She creates a culture that gets deals done efficiently and collaboratively for owners and developers in creatively navigating debt financing and the acquisition, development, leasing, and disposition of commercial real estate of all types. Vicky also leads and serves as Managing Partner of the Dallas office of Locke Lord.
- Lead attorney negotiating office and retail leases for one of the largest insurance companies in the US.
- Counsel to a large multi-national chemical company in structuring and negotiating $550 million in financing in the form of a $400 million term loan B syndicated to numerous investors and a $150 million asset based revolving loan secured by U.S. and Canadian assets.
- Representation of a small family-owned senior housing real estate company in the development of a senior independent living facility, including negotiation of the land grant, tax abatements, equity investment, and financing.
- Administrative Agent’s counsel for a major money center bank in documenting and restructuring a $1.1 billion syndicated line of credit to a major oil company and later to the controlling shareholder, secured by oil and gas properties, LNG ships flagged in Belgium, and stock in 20+ domestic and foreign subsidiaries providing continuity and advice through the nearly two decade history of the relationship.
- Counsel to a national grocery retailer in obtaining a critical pad site through purchase of a note, foreclosure of the property and negotiation with a tax lien lender and other general real estate matters including a lot split of a platted shopping center to reduce property taxes.
- Lead counsel to the borrower in refinancing $63 million in financing with an asset based revolving loan, Ex-Im Bank revolving loan, and term loan with two different lenders secured by manufacturing properties in several states.
- Representation of various non-profit owners of continuing care retirement communities assisting in the review of the land acquisition and property due diligence, negotiating the development, management, marketing, architect, engineer, and construction agreements, and assisting with bond financing.
- Advice to and representation of an electronics manufacturer and service company in developing a new corporate headquarters and manufacturing facility in Texas, including negotiating the land purchase contracts, negotiating construction contracts and negotiating the credit enhancement to the bond financing.
- Counsel to a service company in the simultaneous sale of its existing office/warehouse facility and acquisition of a build-to-suit warehouse facility.
- Lead counsel to an oil field services company in refinancing with a new bank its $30 million line of credit and $15,300,000 in term loans secured by its manufacturing facilities, accounts receivable, equipment, and other assets.
- Representation of a small business investment company (SBIC) in its venture capital debt investments and debt restructures and foreclosures.
- Counsel to a growing Hispanic-focused grocery company in advising and negotiation of their first bank line of credit.
- Lead attorney to a venture capital company in the workout of a failed investment in a pet products franchisor, including foreclosure of company assets and negotiation with junior and senior creditors.
Professional Affiliations and Recognitions
- Named, The Best Lawyers in America® for Real Estate Law (2020-2021)
- Recognized as an Inspiring Woman by the Dallas Bar Association (2019)
- Member, International/Global Board of CREW (Commercial Real Estate Women) Network (2016 – 2017)
- Recognized as a 2016 Women in Business honoree by the Dallas Business Journal
- Recipient, Outstanding Achievement Award, CREW (Commercial Real Estate Women) Dallas (2013)
- President, CREW Dallas (2011)
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Board Member, The Real Estate Council
- Member, Dallas Bar Association
- Member, The Real Estate Council (1997 – 1998 Associate Leadership Class)
- Named, Chambers USA Client’s Guide of America’s Leading Lawyers for Business (Real Estate)
- Named Rising Star, Texas Monthly Magazine
- Named Texas Super Lawyer, Texas Monthly Magazine
- Recipient of SMU/CREW Certificate in Women’s Leadership
- Leadership Dallas Class 2002
- Chair of Board of Directors, Christians in Public Service
- Board of Directors and Past President, Dallas CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates)
- Board Member, The Real Estate Council
- Board of Directors, Treasure Street (Scottish Rite Hospital)
- Advisory Board, New Friends New Life
- Board of Directors, Texas Business Hall of Fame Foundation
- Leader, Center for Women in Law
- Leadership Council Member, Anglican Church of the Resurrection, Flower Mound, Texas
- J.D., magna cum laude, Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, 1990
Graduated 2nd in class
- B.B.A., Accounting, with highest honors, University of Oklahoma, 1987
Named OU’s Outstanding Senior Woman